Did someone say, “brownie heaven?” No? Well looks like you found it anyway!
Christmas is right around the corner and that means I’m a baking machine. It’s hard to imagine a holiday party without sweets and it’s hard to imagine being vegan and missing out on those tasty treats. No one around here is being left out of chocolatey desserts, not while I’m in the kitchen.
Quick, fudgey, soft and so delicious!
Vegan, or not, this recipe is so amazing. Less than thirty minutes and you have the best dessert at the party. You can make these gluten free by just subbing flour with rice flour or any other gluten free flour of your choice!
Eat as many as you want, because yes!
Toasted Coconut Fudge Brownies! (Vegan)
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Total Time: 30 min
Author: The Winey Vegan
Recipe type: Dessert
Photos by Emily
- 5 tablespoons sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
- parchment paper
- baking tin
- 1 1/2 C dairy-free dark chocolate
- 1 C self-raising flour (or 1 1/2 C rice flour)
- 3 heaping teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- sea salt
- 1 vanilla pod
- 3/4 C unsweetened almond milk (or any none-dairy milk)
- 1/2 C sweetened coconut topping
FOR SERVING optional
Vegan Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Cinnamon Sugar Pecans
Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a square baking tin (roughly 8×8) with a little oil, then line with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place chocolate and heat until thoroughly melted.
- Meanwhile, sieve the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar and a pinch of salt. Then add them to the bowl. Stir in the oil, almond milk and melted chocolate until combined.
- Roughly chop and stir in the remaining chocolate and most of the pecans. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, spreading it out evenly. Sprinkle over the remaining pecans, then place into the hot oven for 20 minutes, or until cooked on the outside, but still gooey in the middle.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut all over the top. Bake for remaining 5 mins, or until the coconut starts to brown and toast.
- Leave to cool for around 5 minutes, turn out onto a wire cooling rack, then serve warm with a scoop of vegan vanilla bean ice cream, because yes.