Currently in New York it is pouring rain and about 45 degrees. When the weather is bad and gross outside my favorite go-to meal is a generous bowl of tasty noodles. Perfect for lunch or dinner.
If you guys remember from my Easy Veggie Stir-fry with Soba Noodles! (Vegan) recipe, I absolutely LOVE Soba Noodles.
Half the fat, half the calories and take about 5 mins to cook. This is the simplest and cheapest healthy meal you can make.
When there are good deals at the store I stock up on frozen fruits and veggies, because you never know when you’ll use them. I, of course, prefer fresh veggies, but sometimes I’m in a time crunch or just do not have the energy to prepare them.
Soba noodles are a vegan’s dream!
They’re made from buckwheat which is LOADED with protein. If you don’t have Soba noodles, you can substitute with brown rice or any other lo-mien noodle you want.
Add any veggies you want, but I was feeling especially green today. Broccoli and roasted garlicky Brussels sprouts it is!
Soba Noodle Bowl with Steamed Broccoli and Roasted Garlicky Brussels Sprouts!
Cook Time: 10 mins | Prep Time: 3 mins | Total Time: 13 mins
Easy Veggie Noodle Stir-Fry
Author: The Winey Vegan
Recipe type: Entrée
Cuisine: Asian, Vegan
Serves: 3-5 (depending on the amount of noodles you cook)
What you need:
- 3 ounces Soba noodles
- 2 cups of broccoli, steamed
- 2 cups of frozen Brussels sprouts
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp crushed red pepper
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper
Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While oven is heating, toss frozen Brussels sprouts in olive oil, minced garlic, crushed red pepper, cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder until fully coated. Place frozen Brussels sprouts on baking sheet and cook for 30-40 mins., flipping halfway through.
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and rinse well under cold water to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- While noodles and Brussels sprouts are cooking, boil or steam broccoli. In a small saucepan boil broccoli for about 5-6 minutes, until crunchy and bright green. Drain and set aside.
- Once everything is finished cooking, toss broccoli, Brussels sprouts and noodles with soy sauce, lemon juice and salt & pepper.
- Serve immediately or as a cold noodle dish, topping with sriracha sauce or anything of your choosing!