In case you didn’t know – it’s TACO TUESDAY!
I crave and cook a Mexican dish at least once a week – ask anyone I know. So you will not be surprised when I tell you that these Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos are my new obsession. They are the BEST tacos I have ever eaten.
Healthy has never tasted so good!
Whether you’re vegan or just trying to eat extra healthy, I’m sure you’ve tried many different taco fillings. There are so many options in the veggie world – beans, roasted vegetables, meat substitutes, etc.. The good thing about this recipe, with cauliflower, you can season them however you want!
The tangy and ‘spicy chipotle mayo’ really pulls all the flavors together and adds that essential creaminess and extra spicy-y-ness.
All you need are a few essential ingredients and all the spices you want – easy is a serious understatement.
Photos by Emily Morris
PREP TIME: 10 mins. COOK TIME: 35 mins. TOTAL TIME: 45 MINUTES
What you need:
For the Tacos:
- 1.5 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp fresh lime juice
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 (15 oz.) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small head cauliflower, washed and cut into bite-size florets (3-4 cups)
- Corn tortillas
For topping (optional):
- Chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeño, sliced, seeds removed
- Banana peppers, chopped
- 1 large avocado, seed removed and diced
- Chopped tomato
- Chopped cilantro
For the Chipotle Mayo:
- 1 cup Sir Kensington’s Vegan Mayo (or any vegan mayo)
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1/8 cup fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, coat the cauliflower florets and chickpeas evenly in olive oil. Add spices – chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt, lime juice, olive oil, and water. Stir well to coat all the chickpeas and cauliflower florets. Place seasoned chickpeas and cauliflower on a greased baking sheet. Roast for 30-35 minutes, flipping occasionally during cooking, until chickpeas are slightly crispy and cauliflower is tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
2. To make the Chipotle Mayo, mix all ingredients in a small bowl and chill for about 15 mins before topping.
3. Take a corn tortilla and place roasted cauliflower and chickpeas on top. Top with red onion, jalapeño & banana pepper slices, avocado, and cilantro. Drizzle chipotle mayo over the tacos and serve!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it (once you’ve tried it), and don’t forget to tag a picture #thewineyvegan on Instagram! I’d love to see what you come up with.