Who doesn’t love an amazing take-out style noodle dish?
Want to know how to eat well and save a lot of money in New York City? Well this recipe is first on the list: Veggie Stir-Fry with Soba Noodles!
Living in New York City I’m always looking for the next best recipe that I can make and have it last for a few days. Eating take-out for every meal can become more addictive than you know. Cheap food, quick delivery and never having to leave my couch? Yes, sign me up. But it is so unhealthy. With this recipe, not only do you save an incredible amount of money, but also time. And it is actually good for you!
For less than $10 and 10 minutes, you’ll end up with an amazing dinner and leftovers for what feels like weeks.
When my window for dinner is time sensitive this is my go-to. Soba noodles are a vegan’s dream. They’re made from buckwheat which is LOADED with protein. If you don’t have Soba noodles, you can substitute with brown rice or any other lo-mien noodle you want.
To save even more time and money I picked up a frozen package of veggies. Normally, I use fresh vegetables, but in my opinion frozen can be just as good – especially if you’re on a budget!
Cook Time: 10 mins
Prep Time: 3 mins
Easy Veggie Noodle Stir-Fry
Author: The Winey Vegan
Recipe type: Entrée
Cuisine: Asian, Vegan
Serves: 3-5 (depending on the amount of noodles you cook)
What you need:
- 3 ounces Soba noodles
- 1 package of frozen veggies (I used a frozen package for convenience, but using your own fresh veggies is always encouraged!)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 C cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 C cashews or peanuts, chopped, for topping (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha, for topping (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and rinse well under cold water to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil and add frozen vegetables. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add seasonings, lemon juice and 1 Tbsp soy sauce. Cook for another 4 minutes, or until golden.
- Add the reserved noodles, garlic, cilantro and remaining soy sauce to the vegetables. Cook for 2 minutes, tossing, until the noodles are warmed through. Salt and pepper to taste. Feel free to add anymore of the spices to your own preference. This is when I add a little bit of Sriracha while they’re cooking, but that’s totally up to you.
- Top with cilantro, Sriracha and cashews (more soy sauce if need be).Serve and enjoy!