Ahh the good ole sweet potato. Let me start out by saying, sweet potato fries are probably my favorite snack on the planet. Not only are they tasty, but they’re good for you too! I love very crispy fries and lots of them. This recipe is quite simple and can make as little or much as you’d like. The best part? You don’t have to feel guilty when you eat the whole batch – because trust me, you will!
What you need:
Baking sheet and parchment paper
2 sweet potatoes
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp chili pwdr
1 Tbsp garlic pwdr
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp cayenne
2 Tbsp red chili flakes
1 tsp granulated sugar
salt & pepper
1. Set oven to 400 degrees. Peel sweet potato and cut into wedges
2. Place potato wedges into a large bowl and coat in olive oil then add remaining spices. Mix together really well so each piece is coated. (I like to use a Tupperware container with a lid so I can just shake them all around).
3. Spread sweet potatoes onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with more sugar and salt.
4. Bake for 20 mins, flipping once halfway through.
5. Make sure you let them cool first so they can crisp up perfectly. Enjoy!