First blog post!
Alright friends, first recipe blog post is a GO and what better way to start than with PIZZA?
Only 200 calories? Less than 10 mins? Yeah, I know it sounds crazy, but trust me – it’s so quick and so easy. This recipe is extremely cost and time effective. Just grab a package of pita bread or flatbread, marinara sauce and your favorite toppings. All set!
Author: The Winey Vegan
Recipe type: Entree, Appetizer
Cuisine: Italian, American, Vegan
Photos by: Emily Morris
What you need:
Pre-packaged whole wheat pita bread
2 cups Spinach
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
Top with salt/pepper
Sriracha or buffalo to top (I’m a spicy gal)
Note: You can use any toppings you want, but these are my favorites!
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place pita bread on a baking sheet lined with foil and spread marinara evenly
3. Saute spinach and set aside
4. Saute garlic, onion and bell pepper
5. Assemble the pizza! (Spinach first then all other toppings)
6. Bake for 10-15 mins (or until browning on top)